We hope that you and your family are doing well and in good health.
We wanted to say hello, give you an update, and let you know that our team at Fort Lauderdale Eye Associates are doing well. It is understandable that you are anxious to get back on track with your ocular health and we hope that you are also following the COVID-19 guidelines to stay safe and healthy.
The health and well-being of our patients, employees, and our community is our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are committed to being responsive to the needs of our patients as the situation evolves.
Our office will be closed to non-emergency patients until June 1, 2020. If you are having an eye emergency or recently had eye surgery and need to speak with Dr. Fournier, please call our office at (954) 492-1177 and your phone call will be forwarded to Dr. Fournier and he will promptly return your call. We remain available by phone to answer your call, schedule your appointment, and help with your eyecare.
We are starting to see light at the end of the COVID tunnel and we want you to know that we have been attending regular online courses on COVID-19 to stay current on the latest recommendations as it relates to patient care. Our entire team has been educated on how we will better serve and protect you and our team. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and care.
As you already know, infection control, state of the art technology and quality care have always been at the forefront of our practice. We are ready to continue with our endeavors to serve our patients in the best and safest way. Our team will continue to follow and implement infection control recommendations made by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We are planning on seeing patients with scheduled appointments beginning June 1, 2020
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in our office.
- You will be required to wear a mask when you enter the office and we will take your temperature via an infrared thermometer. Please remember to enter our office with a mask, as it will be required.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in other areas for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Seating will also be limited and spaced out.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. You may wish or be asked to remain in your car until the time that an exam room becomes available.
Please stay safe and healthy and continue to keep up with your eyecare regimens.
Warm Regards,Dr. George A. Fournier, Dr. Richard S. Kalski, Dr. James Fleischman, and Staff