Keratometry is a process by which the curvature of the cornea is measured.
Clinically, this corneal curvature data is primarily used to:
- Fit contact lenses properly.
- Accurately calculate the power of intra-ocular lens implants to be used after cataract surgery or clear lens exchanges.
- Define the amount of corneal reshaping needed in such procedures as Lasik, Lasek, PRK.
- Check the amount and location of a patient’s astigmatism in their eyeglass prescription.
- Look for irregularities in corneal shape in diseases such as keratoconus.
It is painless, no drops are needed and it only takes a couple minutes.
Appointments can be scheduled on Tuesday and Friday as early as 8:30 am upon request.
For emergencies, call 911 or our main number for the answering service to reach the doctor on call.