Healthy Sight isn’t just a slogan; it’s a way of life that enhances your everyday vision while preserving the well-being of your eyes. Healthy Sight means being pro-active in your own health care by:
- Getting regular check ups
- Understanding how lifestyle, diet and personal habits can affect the way you see—today and tomorrow
- Wearing the correct prescription if corrective lenses or contacts are needed
- Protect your eyes from glare, from the sun’s harmful UV rays, from the hazards of extreme activities
- Protecting your children’s vision as well
- Ft. Lauderdale Eye Associates advocates a preventative strategy to medicine and has developed some unique screenings to help in that regard.
Healthy body. Healthy habits. Healthy eyes. Healthy sight.
Your eyes are a part of your body. Some of the same healthy habits that protect your general health also promote healthy eyesight:
- Eating a balanced diet rich in fiber, fruits and vegetables
- Drinking water to hydrate your body and your eyes
- Not smoking, and avoiding long-term smoke exposure
- Wearing ultraviolet (UV) protection
- Considering appropriate vitamin supplements – Antioxidants such as vitamins C and E and carotenoids such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin have shown some promise in research studies at reducing the risk and progression of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Additional eye health reminders.
Research shows a surprising number of healthy sight habits go overlooked, like fully treating diagnosed eye problems with proper medication when prescribed. That means fully complying with treatment directions.
Also remember to share any current medication prescription information with your eye doctor, as there may be unwanted visual side effects when mixing eye medicine with other prescriptions.
Special thanks to the EyeGlass Guide, for informational material that aided in the creation of this website. Visit the EyeGlass Guide today!