Eye care professionals specialize in understanding how the human eye really works, as well as diseases and conditions that affect your vision – many of which do not have obvious symptoms.
Are you looking for a caring eye doctor near you?
The optometrists and ophthalmologists at Fort Lauderdale Eye Associates take the time to explain the results of your eye exam. They are proud to serve their neighbors in Boca Raton and Pompano Beach. They’ll describe your options and listen to your eye care needs.
Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet our doctors:
As the Founder of Ft. Lauderdale Eye Associates, Dr. Fournier’s vision has been to create a place of excellence, where the patient’s interests are always foremost and compassion for each of his patients is never lost. After 20 years in private practice he has been able to attract like minded people to help maintain these goals.
His passion for world travel, scuba diving and cycling, gives Dr. Fournier a well rounded and honest perspective on life. A father of three children in college, an avid movie goer and a student himself of foreign languages, including French and Russian, he is up to date and able to communicate with patients of all ages and interests.
He understands the importance of educating his patients about all available options and with that knowledge encourages his patients to take an active role in any decisions about their health.
There are few doctors who have the credentials of Dr. George Fournier, but even fewer who have the compassion, the commitment and ability to care for his patients the way Dr. Fournier does.
Education & Training
- Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Medical Degree, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1981
- Internal Medicine Internship: University of Hawaii
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School
- Fellowship training in Eye Pathology: Howe Laboratory, Harvard Medical School
- Numerous scientific publications in prestigious medical journals including Science Magazine and the New England Journal of Medicine
- Active Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Selected to conduct numerous FDA clinical studies in our office to evaluate new medications and procedures
- Charity work in the West Indies to care for glaucoma and cataract patients, who would otherwise not receive any treatments for these conditions
Cataract & Refractive Surgeon
Dr. Kalski emphasizes practicing his art in a highly personal, high quality manner, believing in the principles of yesterday and the technology of today.
His passion for travel and open water scuba diving has been replaced by the joys that 3 small children bring to the home, but not before he was recruited to teach Lasik Surgery in Vietnam for two separate intensive training seminars. Back packing in Europe, Costa Rica, Southeast Asia and Mexico must have contributed to Dr. Kalski being a pioneer in the use of specialty intraocular lenses such as the Restor, Acrysof Toric IOL and Crystalens. He was also performing Lasik procedures in Australia during his corneal and refractive surgery Fellowship before some of the methods were approved here in the United States.
With over 8,000 cataract surgeries and 5,000 LASIK procedures performed, his experience and commitment speak for themselves. This can only be matched by his commitment, when, as a student he funded his entire education himself by the same hard work ethic.
Education & Training
- Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Named a VISX “Star Surgeon,” placing him in the top 5% of surgeons nationwide.
- Medical Degree: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- Internship Training: University of Hawaii
- Residency training: General Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship training in corneal and refractive surgery: Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship training in refractive surgery: International Center of Refractive Surgery in the Turks & Caicos Islands
Dr. Fleischman’s outstanding credentials and experience are only surpassed by his dedication to excellent and compassionate care for each and every patient. We are confident our patients will find his knowledge and personality a wonderful addition.
Educated at Princeton University and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dr. Fleischman completed his Fellowship in Anterior Segment and Laser Surgery at the prestigious Katzen Eye Institute in Baltimore, Maryland and was a faculty clinical instructor at both the Katzen Eye Institute and The College of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey before entering into private practice.
In addition to his clinical work in several prestigious settings, Dr. Fleischman patented an innovative design for an Intraocular Lens Implant used in cataract surgery, as well as doing pioneering research with the first YAG Laser in the United States for treatments after cataract surgery. He has authored several articles in peer-reviewed major ophthalmic journals and has lectured at several eye institutes around the country.
Having been an avid golfer since he was a teenager, Dr. Fleischman has been able to travel all over the world to play many world famous golf courses. However, living in South Florida since 1992 he feels fortunate to be able to care for patients as well as play golf year round.
- Princeton University – A.B. Cum Laude.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- New York University Medical Center
- Katzen Eye Institute – Anterior Segment Surgery & Laser Surgery
- Diplomat – National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomat – American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Teich discovered her passion for optometry after her first childhood eye exam. As with many young patients the experience of seeing details for the first time was a memorable one. It was at this early age that Dr. Teich knew helping to provide and maintain excellent vision and eye health to people of all ages and backgrounds would be a meaningful career path.
Growing up in Virginia gave Dr. Teich a strong sense of community and service to others. She has carried those values through her 34 years of optometric practice in Broward County. Her commitment, understanding and dedication are only surpassed by her ability to communicate with patients to ensure the best care possible.
In addition to her passion for optometry, Dr. Teich is an accomplished violinist and vocalist. When time permits, she plays or sings at her temple and sometimes joins with other instrumentalists and choirs who perform at community multi-faith events. On weekends, Dr. Teich likes spending time with her grown son, Andrew, scouring garage sales for “treasures” and playing with her two energetic Rat Terriers.
Dr. Teich a strong supporter of the benefits provided to patients by combining the practices of ophthalmology, optometry and opticianry under one roof and is especially happy to be a part of this unique collaboration of services offered here at Ft. Lauderdale Eye Associates.
- Florida Board Certified Optometric Physician
- Doctor of Optometry – University of Alabama/Birmingham
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physiological Optics – University of Alabama/Birmingham
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology – University of Virginia
Roger H. Stewart, M.D. has been one of the leading dermatologists in the South Florida area for over 35 years. Throughout his career, Dr. Stewart has surgically treated more than 80,000 skin cancers, including 20,000 Mohs micrographic surgery cases with plastic reconstruction. Dr. Stewart is recognized as a pioneer in the field of facial cosmetic dermatology. He started doing facial filler injections in 1982 and Botox and lasers in 1995 as well as having a great deal of experience in CoolSculpting for body contouring.
Today, Dr. Stewart’s main area of focus is on cosmetic dermatology. By employing the latest laser technologies and special techniques for Botox and injectable fillers he is able to achieve enhanced and natural results for his patients which are undetectable.
Travel and golf are some of Dr. Stewart’s favorite past times that provide a great deal of enjoyment.But, spending time with family and friends and caring for his patients are his real passions that give him the greatest fulfillment. Patients consistently say Dr. Stewart’s expertise and warmth show through at each appointment. Many comment that their questions are answered before they areasked and the results are what they were told they would be.
Education, Training & Experience
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology
Medical Degree: University of Michigan
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Residency in Dermatology: University of Virginia Medical Center
- Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit Michigan – Chief Resident
- Major Retired, U.S. Army Medical Corps, served as a dermatologist for 2 years
- Private practice in South Florida for over 35 years
- Phi Beta Kappa from University of Michigan
- Alpha Omega Alpha from University of Michigan Medical School