Your personal visual needs are as unique as your identity. Your lifestyle, occupation and habits must be considered along with your visual capabilities in order for your eyewear to perform optimally. As independent eye-care professionals, we are able to offer nearly all lenses and treatments available. Jeff Taylor, our Master Optician, serves to guide you to the eyewear options that best match your unique visual needs. He will explain all available options to you.
We offer a large selection of eyeglasses and we carry the latest European and American designer eyewear collections including Silhouette, Adidas, Aspex, Jimmy Choo, Juicy Couture, Carrera, Emozioni, Elasta, Ray Ban and Adrienne Vittadini in a variety of styles, colors and materials including titanium, stainless steel and plastic and we will be pleased to help you find your perfect new look with the right material. For lightweight styles, the Silhouette rimless eyewear may just do the trick. They can be customized to any shape or size. You can see how you’ll look in Silhouette eyewear by going to www.silhouette.com and clicking on Try Glasses Online.
Our On-Site Lab is equipped with the technologically highly advanced Essilor Kappa CT edging system and we are able to process almost any lenses with extreme accuracy. This highly sophisticated system enables us to:
- Replace a lens or lenses in your frame with perfect fit and match, i.e. duplicate your existing prescription.
- Edge your lenses while you wait making it possible for you not to be without your glasses.
- Create one-of-a-kind rimless eyewear with repeatable high precision.
- Keep your prescription lens costs below most large retail optical stores.
You may be happy to learn:
- We welcome outside prescriptions and are more than glad to put your new lenses into an existing frame or one that you may have purchased elsewhere.
- No appointments are necessary and browsers are welcome.
Most glasses require no more than 2 to 3 days to process, many are available the following day. This includes specialty lenses such as digital free-form progressivesand premium anti-reflective surfaces.
- We will adjust and clean your current frames at no charge.
Utilzing the Essilor Visioffice Electronic Measurement System, you glasses are guaranteed to be truly personalized to you. Have a look at the video below for additional information:
Some of the Basics
Eyeglasses are more popular today than ever, despite the availability of contact lenses and vision correction surgery. Frame styles branded with high profile designer names are always in demand. Eyeglass frame materials have evolved with the advent of new plastics and various types of high tech metals; each frame material offers its own advantages and style features. You can also choose a frame based on factors such as color, hypoallergenic materials, durability, lightness, price or uniqueness. Each frame is distinguished by its own strengths.
You also have many options when choosing the prescription lenses for your eyeglass frames.
- Aspheric lenses, which have a slimmer, more attractive profile than other lenses. They also eliminate that magnified, “bug-eye” look caused by some prescriptions.
- High index lenses, which are made of new materials that enable the lenses to be noticeably thinner and lighter than regular plastic lenses.
- Polycarbonate lenses are thinner, lighter and up to 10 times more impact-resistant than regular plastic lenses. These lenses are great for safety glasses, children’s eyewear, and for anyone who wants lightweight, durable lenses.
- Transitions & Photochromic lenses are sun-sensitive lenses that quickly darken in bright conditions, and quickly return to a clear state in ordinary indoor lighting.
- Crizal No-Glare lenses provide the clearest vision possible by protecting against glare, scratches, smudges, dust and water
- Polarized lenses diminish glare from flat, reflective surfaces (like water) and also reduce eye fatigue.
- Anti-reflective coatings are among the most popular add-ons for lenses. They can dramatically improve the look and comfort of your glasses by minimizing the amount of light that reflects off the surface of your lenses, which also has the added benefit of reducing glare and thus easing eye fatigue.
- Other lens coatings include scratch-resistant and ultraviolet treatment.
If you’d like to learn more: