Dr. Groves’ passion for optometry is shown by her desire to improve each patient’s life with good vision and healthy eyes. Her kind and caring nature makes it easy for her to develop lasting and meaningful relationships with her patients. After working in her father-in-law’s optometric office and seeing the special bond he developed with his patients and the difference he made to so many people, she was inspired to pursue a similar path.
Growing up in West Virginia helped to mold her ethical and caring nature. That and her ability to listen to each patient’s needs combined with her outstanding clinical skills makes finding and resolving problems achievable. Dr. Groves is one of few optometrists in the Ft. Lauderdale area who is not only trained to fit some of the most challenging contact lens cases, like keratoconus and dry eyes, but enjoys those challenging cases.
When not working, Dr. Groves enjoys cooking and traveling both near and far. She has enjoyed many trips to over 13 countries. While having already completed some great treks in the state and national parks, she is still always on the lookout for another great hiking trail. However, her greatest joy is spending time with her husband, daughter and all her family, and of course the 2 dogs who are members of the family.
● Florida Board Certified Optometric Physician
● Doctor of Optometry – Nova Southeastern University School of Optometry
● Ocular Disease Externship through the Indian Health Services Program in Santa Fe, New Mexico
● Pediatric Externship with KID through Kids in Distress in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
● Specialized training in Contact Lens Fitting
● Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology – West Virginia Wesleyan College
Active Member of:
● Broward County Optometric Association
● Florida Optometric Association
● American Optometric Association