As the Founder of Ft. Lauderdale Eye Associates, Dr. Fournier’s vision has been to create a place of excellence, where the patient’s interests are always foremost and compassion for each of his patients is never lost. After 20 years in private practice he has been able to attract like minded people to help maintain these goals.
His passion for world travel, scuba diving and cycling, gives Dr. Fournier a well rounded and honest perspective on life. A father of three children in college, an avid movie goer and a student himself of foreign languages, including French and Russian, he is up to date and able to communicate with patients of all ages and interests.
He understands the importance of educating his patients about all available options and with that knowledge encourages his patients to take an active role in any decisions about their health.
There are few doctors who have the credentials of Dr. George Fournier, but even fewer who have the compassion, the commitment and ability to care for his patients the way Dr. Fournier does.
Education & Training
- Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Medical Degree, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1981
- Internal Medicine Internship: University of Hawaii
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School
- Fellowship training in Eye Pathology: Howe Laboratory, Harvard Medical School
- Numerous scientific publications in prestigious medical journals including Science Magazine and the New England Journal of Medicine
- Active Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Selected to conduct numerous FDA clinical studies in our office to evaluate new medications and procedures
- Charity work in the West Indies to care for glaucoma and cataract patients, who would otherwise not receive any treatments for these conditions