Cataract & Refractive Surgeon
Dr. Kalski emphasizes practicing his art in a highly personal, high quality manner, believing in the principles of yesterday and the technology of today.
His passion for travel and open water scuba diving has been replaced by the joys that 3 small children bring to the home, but not before he was recruited to teach Lasik Surgery in Vietnam for two separate intensive training seminars. Back packing in Europe, Costa Rica, Southeast Asia and Mexico must have contributed to Dr. Kalski being a pioneer in the use of specialty intraocular lenses such as the Restor, Acrysof Toric IOL and Crystalens. He was also performing Lasik procedures in Australia during his corneal and refractive surgery Fellowship before some of the methods were approved here in the United States.
With over 8,000 cataract surgeries and 5,000 LASIK procedures performed, his experience and commitment speak for themselves. This can only be matched by his commitment, when, as a student he funded his entire education himself by the same hard work ethic.
Education & Training
- Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Named a VISX “Star Surgeon,” placing him in the top 5% of surgeons nationwide.
- Medical Degree: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- Internship Training: University of Hawaii
- Residency training: General Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship training in corneal and refractive surgery: Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship training in refractive surgery: International Center of Refractive Surgery in the Turks & Caicos Islands